Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia has been completely updated to present the essential clinical anesthesia information in a concise format.
// Key Features
• Intended to provide anesthesia practitioners and trainees with succinct, up-to-date information in a very readable form
• Step-by-step procedures to administer anesthesia for cardiac surgery, obstetric surgery, minimally invasive procedures, chronic pain management, and more
• A new topic covering Anesthesia for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeries has been added
• Two new appendices added – Atlas of Electrocardiography and Pacemaker and Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator Protocols
• ASA guidelines for patient care and safety included
• Robust appendices include formulas, American Heart Association resuscitation protocols, ASA Standards and Guidelines, difficult airway algorithms, malignant hyperthermia protocol, and herbal medications
• A clear, consistent style that makes critical contents easy to locate and comprehend
• Discusses the management of anesthesia in the wide variety of clinical circumstances that anesthesia practitioners encounter
• Sections Introduction to Anesthesiology and Scientific Foundations of Anesthesia reviews the fundamentals of anesthesia science, basic pharmacology of the more commonly used drugs in anesthesia
• The most practical clinical pearls on what to do and how and when to do it are presented in concise outline format, with hundreds of tables, graphs, and algorithms that summarize and prioritize crucial points
• Drug List & Black Box Warnings - Icons in the drug list indicate where FDA Black Box Warnings have been issued
• Includes 28 interactive flowcharts and 4 built-in calculators which assist in making clinical decisions
// Unique Features
• Full color images: This product includes images that help bring the content to life.
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
4 Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within clinical topics to the
• Calculation of the Apgar Score
• Glasgow Coma Scale
• Modified Aldrete Scoring System
• Postanesthetic Discharge Scoring System
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.