Handbook of Evidence-Based Radiation Oncology contains tables presenting the current staging and risk classification systems. Summarizes the important studies and trials that form the basis of evidence-based treatment recommendations. Organized by body site, concise clinical chapters provide easy access to critical information. Important "pearls" of epidemiology, anatomy, pathology, and clinical presentation are highlighted.
// Key Features
• Treatment recommendations are discussed based on stage, histology, and/or risk classification
• Brief summaries of key trials and studies provide rationale for the recommendations
• Practical guidelines for radiation techniques are described
• Complications and follow-up guidelines are outlined
• Appendices are included to allow quick reference to information on performance status scales, radio nucleotides used in brachytherapy, radiation safety, tumor markers, immunophenotyping and cytogenetic, and commonly prescribed drugs
• New chapters on management of the neck and unknown primary, clinical radiobiology, pediatric malignancies and benign conditions
• Includes new color contouring mini-atlases for head and neck, gastrointestinal, prostate, and gynecological tumors
• 2 interactive flowcharts
// Unique Features
• Full color images: This product includes images that help bring the content to life.
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.Contains essential information on cancer management for all anatomic sites.